6 Fun Facts About Hair You Probably Didn't KnowDid you know that hair is the second fastest-growing tissue in the human body? Or that shampoo comes from the Hindi word for “to knead?” In this blog post, we will explore six fun facts about hair that you probably didn’t know. We will also discuss some of the interesting things that hair can do – like support up to 3 ounces of weight or grow .3 - .5 mm per day! Keep reading to learn more about this fascinating topic.
Let's Get Started:
1. Men grow hair faster than women
2. A single strand of hair can support up to 3 ounces of weight. A whole head of hair can support up to 12 tons… the weight of two grown elephants.
3. On average, hair grows .3 – .5 mm per day, .25 cm or 0.5 inches per month, and 15 cm or 6 inches per year. The length of the growing phase of hair shortens as you age.
4. The word shampoo comes from the Hindi word, champna, which means “to knead.
5. It takes roughly seven years to grow your hair to your waist and three years to grow to your shoulders.
6. The only way to get rid of split ends is to cut them off. There is no way to repair them completely.
7. The anticipation of sex makes hair grow faster.
What does this mean for the future of hair?
Hair is a topic that has been around since the beginning of time and it doesn’t seem like it will be going away any time soon. In fact, hair is becoming more popular than ever with shows like “What Not to Wear” and “Good Hair” bringing attention to all types of hair. As we continue to learn more about this unique aspect of the human body, we will share it with you. So make sure you subscribe to our email list so that you can get weekly updates on everything hair – from fun facts to styling tips!